We are pleased to announce the release of Dyrobes Version 20, which has been expanded and improved based on active user input.
A few of the Dyrobes 20 new features include:
- Add Design Comparison in Rotor to compare different designs:
1. Compare two different (.rot) files
2. Same rot file, but different bearing files
3. Same rot and bearing files, but different bearing variables
- Add Bearing Type 15 in Rotor. This option allows the Rotor and BePerf to be fully integrated, for linear analysis.
- Add new features in BePerf for fixed-lobe and tilting pad journal bearing design, including parametric study and design comparison tools.
- Add or modify more lubricants into the oil library.
- Transient Analysis in Frequency domain, the initial condition for the high speed point uses the final condition from the previous speed point.
- In the Transient Analysis, the integration time and time step are important for the FFT plot, therefore, add “Suggested Time Step” feature for the integration time and time step.
- Add velocity and acceleration in the FFT displays.
- Add damping factor vs. frequency ratio (API 610) in the Post Processor for the Whirl Speed and Stability Analysis.
- For more Version 20 Features and detailed information, please visit Improvements for Version 20
- For detailed examples, please see Ver 20 Release Notes, which presents Rotor New Features & Design Comparison.
- See The Dyrobes Advantage for a complete description of our industry-leading software.
If you wish to purchase or upgrade the optional Thrust Bearing program, or your basic Dyrobes software, email email@example.com or call (434) 326-6797.