New Features and Improvements
Improvements for Ver 20.20
Released April 25, 2018, featuring:
- Improve numerical integration stability for the Transient Analysis
- Add cut-off low frequency to eliminate the low frequency noise in the transient analysis due to initial conditions and constant loading
- Improve the BePerf – Tilting Pad Bearing Advanced Feature option
- Enhance some Postprocessor Graphics
Improvements for Ver 20.10
Released February 16, 2018, featuring:
- Add Analysis Type 13 – Morton Effect (optional program)
- Add Analysis Type 14 – Multiple Analyses for the same rotor file
- Enhance PostProcessor Graphics in the Time Transient Analysis – Frequency Domain
Improvements for Ver 20.00
Released December 2, 2017, featuring:
- Add Design Comparison in Rotor to compare different designs:
1. Compare two different (.rot) files
2. Same rot file, but different bearing files
3. Same rot and bearing files, but different bearing variables
- Add Bearing Type 15 in Rotor. This option allows the Rotor and BePerf to be fully integrated, for linear analysis.
- Add new features in BePerf for fixed-lobe and tilting pad journal bearing design, including parametric study and design comparison tools.
- Add or modify more lubricants into the oil library.
- Transient Analysis in Frequency domain, the initial condition for the high speed point uses the final condition from the previous speed point.
- In the Transient Analysis, the integration time and time step are important for the FFT plot, therefore, add “Suggested Time Step” feature for the integration time and time step.
- Add velocity and acceleration in the FFT displays.
- Add damping factor vs. frequency ratio (API 610) in the Post Processor for the Whirl Speed and Stability Analysis.
Improvements for Ver 19.02
Released May 9, 2017, featuring:
- Improve the Text Output Format (*.OU2 and *.OU4).
- Correct some spelling errors.
- Fix a bug existed in Ver 19.01 in the heat balance calculation for the Fixed Lobe Bearing Type with Advanced Features ON.
- Fix a graphic error in the torsional mode shape plot when Rigid Link in the Shaft Elements tab is checked to connect two shafts.
- Batch mode examples for verifications and future expansion – see BatchRunRotor.bat, BatchBePerfTpj.bat, BatchRunLobeDNF.bat, BatchRunReynolds.bat, and BatchRunExample.bat.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 19.02.
Improvements for Ver 19.01
Released January 7, 2017, featuring:
- Use the latest Safenet (Software Protection Software) drivers.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 19.00
The release of Dyrobes version 19.00 includes:
- Model Flipping (Reversing) – allows to flip the rotor model (left to right).
- Models Combining (Merging or Appending) – allows to combine two model files into a single file. This allows users to build the complicated model with multiple rotors one rotor at a time.
- Add leakage calculation for carbon ring seals – Rotor – Tools – Estimate Carbon Ring Seal Leakage.
- Add calculation for the maximum allowable residual unbalance per API and ISO specifications.
- Speed dependent bearing coefficients can be either spline interpolation or linear interpolation in the Rotor program.
- Add more model checking features to avoid any mistakes in building the rotor model. An element L/D checking feature can be pre-specified in the Preference Settings – Model Display Settings.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.30
The release of Dyrobes version 18.30 includes:
- Add Steady State Harmonic Response Analysis for Coupled Lateral-Torsional-Axial Vibration (Dyrobes Rotor).
- Add descriptions for the probes and Speeds in the Rotor Balancing Program (RotorBal).
- Add LabySeal option in the new Main Menu.
- Rewrite the function “Print to File” for all the figures and animation files.
- Correct a graphic bug in GearLoad.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.30.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.20
- Add water properties into the lubricant library for bearing programs BePerf and ThrustBrg.
- Add hydrostatic thrust bearing into ThrustBrg.
- Add circular pad thrust bearing into ThrustBrg.
- Add summary results in the graphic output into ThrustBrg.
- For Floating Ring Bearing in Heat Balance Calculation, allow different Inlet Temperatures and Heat Carry Away Factors for the inner and outer films.
- Increase Stack Size for large rotor models.
- Add Herrinbone Gears (double – helix) and many other options in GearLoad.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.20.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.10
- Allows for different single pad properties, such as preload, offset, arc length, and
pivot location for each pad in tilting pad bearings.
- Add inputs & outputs summary in thrust bearing graphic outputs.
- Fixed bug in thrust bearing graphics for multiple runs
- Add Reset button in the critical speed map plot to enter the bearing stiffness
- Add more general motor driving torque for the torsional startup analysis
Td = Trated [ Tavg + T1 sin( ω1t + φ1 ) + T2 sin( ω2t + φ2 ) ]
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.10.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.0
- Added Thrust Bearing and Spiral Face Seal modules.
- Added more features for the Floating Ring Bearing in both Rotor & BePerf.
- Improved computational efficiency, including x64.
- In addition, version 17.0 introduced Lateral-Torsional-Axial coupled vibration for a geared system. In the vibration study of a single rotor system, the lateral, torsional, and axial vibrations are typically decoupled and can be studied separately in general. However, for a geared rotor system with multiple rotors, the lateral, torsional, and axial vibration are coupled through the gear mesh and/or rider ring.