User Manuals and Documentation
Documentation is provided in hlp, chm, and pdf file formats. The manual is also online. Components:
- Dyrobes Rotor: Features | manuals
- Dyrobes BePerf: Features | manuals
- Optional / Dyrobes GearLoad: Features | manuals
- Optional / Dyrobes RotorBal: Features | manuals
- Optional / Dyrobes ThrustBrg: Features | manuals
- Optional / Dyrobes SpiralGF: Features | manuals
Improvements in Dyrobes version 19.00
The release of Dyrobes version 19.00 includes:
- Model Flipping (Reversing) – allows to flip the rotor model (left to right).
- Models Combining (Merging or Appending) – allows to combine two model files
into a single file. This allows users to build the complicated model with multiple
rotors one rotor at a time.
- Add leakage calculation for carbon ring seals – Rotor – Tools – Estimate Carbon
Ring Seal Leakage.
- Add calculation for the maximum allowable residual unbalance per API and ISO
- Speed dependent bearing coefficients can be either spline interpolation or linear
interpolation in the Rotor program.
- Add more model checking features to avoid any mistakes in building the rotor
model. An element L/D checking feature can be pre-specified in the Preference
Settings – Model Display Settings.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 19.00.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.30
The release of Dyrobes version 18.30 includes:
- Add Steady State Harmonic Response Analysis for Coupled Lateral-
Torsional-Axial Vibration (Dyrobes Rotor).
- Add descriptions for the probes and Speeds in the Rotor Balancing Program
- Add LabySeal option in the new Main Menu.
- Rewrite the function “Print to File” for all the figures and animation files.
- Correct a graphic bug in GearLoad.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.30.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.20
- Add water properties into the lubricant library for bearing programs BePerf and ThrustBrg.
- Add hydrostatic thrust bearing into ThrustBrg.
- Add circular pad thrust bearing into ThrustBrg.
- Add summary results in the graphic output into ThrustBrg.
- For Floating Ring Bearing in Heat Balance Calculation, allow different Inlet Temperatures and Heat Carry Away Factors for the inner and outer films.
- Increase Stack Size for large rotor models.
- Add Herrinbone Gears (double – helix) and many other options in GearLoad.
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.20.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.10
- Allows for different single pad properties, such as preload, offset, arc length, and
pivot location for each pad in tilting pad bearings.
- Add inputs & outputs summary in thrust bearing graphic outputs.
- Fixed bug in thrust bearing graphics for multiple runs
- Add Reset button in the critical speed map plot to enter the bearing stiffness
- Add more general motor driving torque for the torsional startup analysis
Td = Trated [ Tavg + T1 sin( ω1t + φ1 ) + T2 sin( ω2t + φ2 ) ]
- For more details on recent changes, see Release notes, version 18.10.
Improvements in Dyrobes version 18.0
- Added Thrust Bearing and Spiral Face Seal modules.
- Added more features for the Floating Ring Bearing in both Rotor & BePerf.
- Improved computational efficiency, including x64.
- In addition, version 17.0 introduced Lateral-Torsional-Axial coupled vibration for a geared system. In the vibration study of a single rotor system, the lateral, torsional, and axial vibrations are typically decoupled and can be studied separately in general. However, for a geared rotor system with multiple rotors, the lateral, torsional, and axial vibration are coupled through the gear mesh and/or rider ring.